Thursday, March 1, 2018

Bridal Luncheon and Dreaming Tree

What a wonderful weekend it was! This past weekend my beautiful niece got married in one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever been too.
They decided to hold the wedding outside of Dallas, Texas which meant most of the family either drove or flew in. I live in Austin so I drove the distance to enjoy the beautiful ceremony. I decided because of the situation with everyone coming in for the wedding, including the bride, I would host a bridal luncheon for the bride and bride's maids. The bride's mom was co-hostess but she was flying in late Thursday night so I said I would handle it. I love putting together parties as much as I love crafting and sewing.
The restaurant I chose for the luncheon is called Le Hacienda Rance in Colleyville, TX. There is a fun story I have to share about this restaurant. The owner was the inventor of the original frozen margarita machine and his first machine is in the Smithsonian Institute of History.  Needless to say, I had to have a frozen margarita to celebrate that bit of history.
I made decorations for the luncheon using cutting files from Dreaming Tree and my Cricut Explore Air. Thanks to the vases from the ABC Flowers SVG Bundle and the rose from the Cupid Crush SVG Bundle, I had beautiful centerpieces that went with her wedding colors of blue and grey.

It helps to watch the construction videos that Dreaming Tree makes. I ruined my first flower and was up all night putting these vases and flowers together. I wish I had taken a picture of that first rose to show you how bad it was. Once I watched the video, I knew exactly how to put the rose together and make it look beautiful.
The mother of the bride has a wonderful gift for making garlands using origami to make dresses and suits. She made a very special garland for her daughter and son-in-law.
Now that the wedding has come and gone, I am moving on to my Saint Patrick decorations. I hope to have my mantel decked out in green before the weekend has ended.

See ya soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.