Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Simple Table Runner

I'm new to sewing and gradually moving up in the things I make. I'm not good with patterns so I try to find things that I don't need a pattern to sew and this table runner is something that didn't need a pattern.

I decided I needed to add the 4th of July spirit to my coffee table and a table runner would be a good start. I watched lots and lots of videos and the videos I liked I watched over and over again to make sure I was understanding what to do and then I began.

This was the video I used in the end to show me how to make a simple table runner.

My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe


The table runner in the video had the pointed ends but I wanted the square ones since it wasn't going to hang off the ends of my table. I used quilting fat squares to make the runner and didn't have enough in the red and blue to make it long enough to hang off the table.

TOP

BOTTOM  - Remember to match up your designs. Oops!

                                
                                    TOP CORNER                                                                    BOTTOM CORNER

SILVER RIBBON SEWN OVER SEAM
The way I did the ends was I just allowed a few extra inches of the red febric so the red was longer than the blue fabric. I sewed everything but the ends and those were done last so I could fold and sew them. I didn't take pictures of this while doing it because I didn't know if it would turn out. Remember, I'm new to this and winging it. I'll make another one and show how I did it.

I added some silver glitter ribbon to cover the seams where I pieced the blue material together. I didn't like the way it matched up and tried the silver ribbon. I liked the look with that so I used it.

I would say it took about 30 minutes to a half hour to make this table runner but then again that's due to me being new to this and winging it.

Have a great day crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.