Thursday, October 1, 2015

You've been BOO'd

Happy October and only 30 more days now until Halloween.

I love Halloween and making Halloween cards but in reality who do you send them to since Christmas is right around the corner and that's when the cards fly.  After thinking about that and seeing all the Halloween cards I have just sitting in a box, I decided to come up with something fun and different.

Have you heard about getting BOOed? It's a fun Halloween activity where you fill a bag or box with treats and secretly leave it on friend's or neighbor's doorstep with directions on how to BOO someone else and a cute little, "We've been BOO'd" sign for them to place in their window.

Today I have taken some of the adorable ghosts digital stamps from Bugaboo stamps and made the "We've been BOO'd" signs. I have the cute pictures on the front and a cute poem and directions on the back.  At the end I have added the poem and directions so if you want to make the sign, you can do a copy and paste from my webpage.

Here is the sign I made to go in the window.

This is another adorable digital stamp from Bugaboo Stamps. I colored the background with chalks and his tongue with alcohol markers and then I used a purple chalk ink pad for the edges and a splash of color. The font is A Dripping Marker.


The font is a Dripping Marker. I used my alcohol markers to color the pumpkin and parts of the ghost and then I used chalk to color the green on the sign and a chalk ink pad for the edges and background.

I print out the ghost on one side of paper and the poem on the back. I can get four of these to a sheet and the cut apart at about 5.5 inches by 4 inches. You only need two to BOO though.

I had to leave off the first line of the poem to make it fit on the back of card but it still sounds cute. The directions are at the bottom in bold.


Ghosts and goblins, spooks galore...
Tricky witches at your door.

The spokes are after things to do
In fact, a spook brought this “BOO!” to you!

The excitement comes when friends like you
Copy this note and make it two.

We'll all have smiles upon our faces
No one will know who BOOed whose places!

Just two short days to work your spell
Keep it secret! Hide it well!

Join the fun for the season’s here
So spread the BOO! And Halloween cheer.

What to do next:
* Copy this page twice, and post original
   on your door where it can be seen so
   you don't get BOOed again.
* Gather treats in a box or bag and drop
   them off on the front porch of two
   neighbors (or desk of a classmate).
* Don't get caught! The game is more fun
   when it's a surprise.


If you use chalk in on your projects, then please head over to Chalk N Stock to join our October Challenge.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.