Saturday, April 5, 2014

20 Days of Easter - Day 4 and 5

I missed the day before yesterday and I thought I would get two posts up yesterday but that didn't happen so I'm here today with two similar cards to share so I'll just say they're my projects for day 4 and 5.

I designed this Easter basket card in Inkscape which is a free program you can use to design your own svg files to use with your cutting machines. I have more cartridges then I will ever use because once I learned how to use Inkscape I discovered I could make what I wanted without having to look through cartridge after cartridge for just the right image. I use my cartridges once in awhile and some people prefer them and that's fine. I think if I used them more, I would be familiar with what is one each cartridge and it would be easier for me to find what I was looking for.

I made one side of the basket and then welded it to the other side to make my card edge. I used a square shape with a copy and paste feature to make the lattice work design on the basket. The eggs were just a bunch of ovals that I put together and then welded.
I used my Sizzix Big Shot to give the basket some texture and then I used a chalk ink pad over it to make it stand out.  I have found that chalk ink works better to highlight raised areas.

Here is the second basket card I made but this is a little different.

I used my hot glue gun to make the flower embellishment on this card. I just started gluing and turning and gluing again until I was done with it and then I added a half pearl to the middle. This was my first attempt at making a ribbon flower and I like the way it turned out. I'll have to get a tutorial up on how to make them.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll have more up for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.