Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Elegant Paper Mache' Ornament

I decorated a few paper mache ornaments a few years back and fell in love. Back then, I just painted the ornaments, added some glitter and some stickers and called it finished but over the years I have tried new things and this is one of my favorite ways of decorating them.

 I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the ornament after cutting it out. You can trace around your ornament and then cut it out but since I was using a flat round ornament I was able to cut a circle at 3 3/4 inches and that was almost perfect. I just trimmed off the extra. I used a bray to make sure the paper was on flat but it's not necessary. Once the paper was dry, I inked the edges and then added my ribbon going around the front and back and then around the sides. The side view is below. I went back and added the beautiful embellishment from Miriam's Crafting Supplies. The paper, ribbon, and ink came from Cutter's Creek.
Thank you so much for stopping by today and keep coming back because I have more paper mache ornaments with different techniques to share.

Happy Holidays! Jearise


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.