Saturday, October 12, 2013

October Calendar Girls



Welcome to our October Calendar Girls' Blog Hop. It’s absolutely amazing when you do a Google search the interesting facts you may find. Such a find is special and unique occasions throughout the year!!! These unique holidays are our inspiration. As Neil Sedaka sang in his song "Calendar Girls" - "Romeo and Juliet on Halloween!!"

Our hop begins today with the lovely and super talented Lynne aka Her Craftiness which may be found at http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/. The entire line-up is available just in case you get bogged down with all the holidaze and craziness as you won't want to miss a single calendar event!!!!

In case, you get lost along the way with all the craziness of the holidaze, here's the complete line-up to follow along with the streamers, cards, lay-outs and super creativity of the marvelous Calendar Girls:

Lynne ~ http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
Sandy ~ http://aworkingmomsjoy.blogspot.com
Janet ~ http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
Jearise ~ http://lorbysworld.blogspot.com
Lucy ~ http://love2createitall.com
Christine - http://www.creativelivingwithchristine.blogspot.com
Laura - http://www.lauraleesdream.blogspot.com

October, 2013 Daily Holidays, Special and Wacky Days:

Breast Cancer Awareness Month - 
Clergy Appreciation Month

1 - National Lace Day -Janet
2 - Guardian Angels Day Laura
5 - World Card Making Day - Sandy
6 - Mad Hatter Day - Lynne
7 - World Smile Day - 
9 - Fire Prevention Day- Sandy
11 - Take Your Teddy Bear to Work Day - Lucy 
11 - World Egg Day
14 - Columbus Day - Lynne
14 - Be Bald and Free Day - Jearise
16 - Dictionary Day
19 - Sweetest Day- Sandy
21 - Count Your Buttons Day - Sandy
25 - Frankenstein Friday - Jearise
27 - National Tell a Story Day (in Scotland and the UK)
28 - Plush Animal Lover's Day - 
30 - National Candy Corn Day - Sandy
30 - Mischief Night - Janet
31 - Halloween - Christine

We are offering some fabulous blog candy to 2 lucky winners -

Just comment and give some bloggie love to each of the Calendar Girls. For our blog candy, Lynne is offering a personalized mug mat monogrammed with your first initial. Please, don't forget to comment on all blogs along with leaving your email address that we may contact the winner. You get to chose either fall colors or Halloween.

Also, Lynne is offering a breast cancer awareness bracelet to one lucky winner.

Does anyone every remember a saying from way back when that said "Kilroy was here?" My mom use to talk about it and how it involved a bald headed guy with a long nose looking over a wall.


I went on a web search after I created my card and found out this dates back to WWII and was a type of graffiti and you thought graffiti was a modern thing. :)


I designed this Frankenstein goodie box a few weeks ago even before the hop was scheduled so when I saw Frankenstein Friday and I had to sign up. This is a simple but cute box that will hold a lot of goodies. Yum! I want to make two more so that each of my children have one on Halloween with some treats (or maybe tricks) from me. 
 On both my projects I broke into my chalkboard paper stack so you could write a special message in colored chalk on the card and the box.

Your next stop along the way of the calendar is Lucy's blog. Thanks for stopping by and mark your calendar again next month to see what Holidays to Celebrate on November 9, 2013, for the next Calendar Girls Blog Hop!

9 comments:

  1. These are sooo cute!!! Learn something new everyday!!!
    Thanks for sharing and have a blessed day,
    Sandy
    ♥ Scrapbook Blessings Club DT ♥
    ♥ A Working Mom's Joy ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute projects! I do remember Kilroy was Here but didn't realize that it started around WWI. Learned something new today! ~ Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore your Kilroy card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous projects!!!!! I love your creativity and I remember my parents talking about "Kilroy was here" . . . Your projects are amazing as usual and its truly a pleasure hopping with you as usual my dear friend!!!
    much love, hugs, and friendship
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love Love... they are both great!!!! The kids will love the Frankie box..
    Laura D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are pretty terrific creations!!! Love the little box. Sure your kids will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun creations! My dad also mentioned Kilroy. Your rendition is adorable. I had never heard of the chalkboard paper. Another addition for my wish list. Thanks!

    mrsmarley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these! I love the mushrooms! I may have to look for the chalkboard paper! It sounds like a fun trend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fun creations and I love the story behind the first lol.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.