Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sweet Shop Box

I am very excited today. This is my first post as part of the Cutters Creek design team. I love to decorate my bay window in my kitchen so when I saw the cute sweet shop box on the Cricut Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge I knew what I had to make. (Kim can order this cartridge for you.)

I cut the box at the cartridge recommendation of 10 inches.



I had fun making this box with different papers. The roof and accents are My Mind's Eye Nostalgia paper and if you look closely in the windows you'll see a fairy and Mrs. Rabbit and her little ones. These pictures are from Graphic 45.
I used different colored Stickles glitter glue to add bright color, glitter and texture to the grass, windows, and flower. I used Liqued Pearls for the door handle and sweet shop sign.

Before adding on all the pieces and accents, I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pad - Tea Dye to smug the edges of the box and the accents I cut out.

I used Scotch quick-dry adhesive to glue the box together. This is my go to glue because it drys quick and is strong.

This is such a fun spring/summer box to make and use as a decoration and it goes so lovely with all my other knick knacks in my window.

4 comments:

  1. super super cute project!!! I love love love it my friend!!!!
    Hugs
    Lynne
    P.S. This would look adorable in my dining room by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most awesome thing I have seen you make! (Have I said that before? lol) Seriously, That is sooo cool! LOVE IT! Now where is my fancy fold, I wanna see it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweet box is very nice. The idea is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh that was so cute that I didn't even realize that it IS the fancy fold card! I TOLD you people don't read! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.