Thursday, August 4, 2011

Deer Birthday Card Holder

It's been a short day because I've been sitting next to my Cricut since noon and have only gotten one project done so far and it's now after 6 p.m.. Where did the day go? Oh I know, I have kids and I have to stop every 5 minutes to stop quarrels, fill a glass of juice, feed them (You'd think they should be able to fen for themselves by now.), and just hold them (Okay, this is the plus side). It was part of the mommy contract I signed with God when I decided to have the mini-me's.



The first thing I made was this card holder for my niece. I used the Cricut Cartridge Pasley for the holder and deer. I used the Cricut cartridge Simply Charmed for the Happy Birthday sentiment. The paper is from the stack titled "Life's Little Occasions" by K and Company. I bought the paper for it's bright colors and bold designs.


What I really like about this little holder is the deer. His face was the printed side of the pink paper and I didn't like the design so I used dark brown ink on it and clear embossing powder to give it a raised, shiny appearance. You can't see it that well in this picture. Bummer.

This little card opens up to hold a gift card in place for a special someone we'll get to see this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.