Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bday Card using my Eclips

I couldn't get this post up any later could I? It's been an interesting day here. First, my daughter had a birthday party to go to so I got up this morning and made a quick card which I will share in a minute. Next, I decided to go to the party and take pictures and finally, just as I went to leave the (pool) birthday party we had an earthquake. My first one ever!

The quake took up all my afternoon watching the T.V. to make sure we were not going to be evacuated since we are less then 40 miles from the epicenter. We're all safe and sound and no evacuations.

I broke out one of my new cartridges for my Sizzix Eclips. I bought the machine and I refuse to get anymore cartridges then the ones I just bought and the one that came with it - total 5. The machine is suppose to become compatible with Sure Cuts A Lot in October and that's what I bought it for. I have hundreds of SVG files and prefer  to use them over cartridges. It's easier to organize them into files and find them on my laptop.

Here is the card - plain and simple since I ran out of time making it. I'm still figuring out the Eclips. It has things set up differently on it compared to my Expression.

 The cartridge I used for the card is Woodland Creatures and Deer Me Alphabet. I wanted different alphabets for this machine because I think it does a better job at cutting little letters than the Cricut Expression. My daughter picked out the little fox from this cartridge and I used a frame as the card from the cartridge: Starter and Rockin' Janie. The frame size is a width of 5 1/2 inches folded in half.


I grabbed some of my buttons and sewed some thread through them because I really don't like leaving them plain. Just a me thing. I put the pink hart on a Sticky Doo so it's raised and then I slid the other buttons under it.


I used stamps from the set "Take the Cake" from Pink by Design.

I would have made this a lot more fancy with ribbon and such but just ran out of time. The little girl that it was for loved it and that's all that counts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi There!!! You were a winner of this past weekend's Interactive Card Blog Hop. Please visit my blog and leave me a comment with your email address. Thanks!!! :)

    atuttletime dot blogspot dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! I have a few Cricut carts and I always seem to fall back SVG files...love them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.