Sunday, July 24, 2011

4th of July

Oh My GOSH! It's been over a month since I posted last. Where did the time go and what is my excuse for not posting? I'm trying to think one up but can't.

I had some fun making 4th of July decorations. I like to associate rossettes with the 4th for some reason so I had to do some decorations that included those.


Here is a link on how to make the rosettes: Paper Rosettes

I used my Cricut to cut the star out in the middle but you can download a picture off the internet and just cut it out by hand. It's best to use white or beige card stock because you're going to hot glue gun it to the rosette. I got the vintage flag picture out of a pad of card stock but you can go on line and find vintage pictures to use.

Here is a site that I just found: Vintage 4th of July rosette and pictures

Print the pictures off on a color printer or cut them out of a magazine and then use Mod Podge on it to give it an even more vintage look.

Finally add any embellishments that you like and hang it up!

Here is a half rosette decoration I made.

I put hubby to work helping decorate the edges because he said making crafts is easy. Sometimes it is easy and sometimes it's not. Inking edges, at least this time, w easy.










Look what I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby!



I found lots of uses for these fancy prismatic stars. I used them on the half rosette above and I also glued two back to back with a toothpick in the middle and made a great festive cupcake topper. I made cupcakes and used them but forgot to take pictures before they were gone.  All the neighbor children came running when they found out I had them - the cupcakes I mean.



The last fun 4th of July thing I made I found off of Martha Stewart's website. They are paper fireworks/rockets filled with candy. The kids had a blast pulling the flame part and grabbing up their candy.

I got the directions and the print out for the paper from a link a Martha Stewart email. I have looked and looked and cannot find the link. If anyone finds the link, please send it to me so I can add it to this post because if anyone has kids, they are going to want to do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.