Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you

Did you make your corned beef and cabbage? I planned on it and even headed to the store to buy the stuff to make it when I got a call from hubby so I had to make a u-turn and the traditional corned beef dinner never happened. I'm thinking that I may try again tomorrow even if I will be a day late. You don't get corned beef every day of the year so you have to take it when you can get it.

I said I would post some cards in honor of St. Patty's day and so today I am going to do that. I made these for friends and family using my Cricut and SVG files from SVGcuts and the program Sure Cuts a Lot. People think I'm so talented. Shhhh, it's our little secret as to having a machine help me out.
The card file had the word LUCKY you would cut out but I decided to try stamping it and I ended up liking that better against the plaid background.

I just realized that I didn't take pictures of the other cards I made so there will be no sharing them but I will share three other things I made.

I made this wreath and goodie bag for a dear friend back in Tucson. I put jelly beans in the bag for her children. I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts a Lot program with SVG files from SVGcuts.
 The bag is made of cardstock paper that already had the light green glitter design. The glitter clovers I found at Joann's.

I made this wreath using lots of different clover svg files I had and that LUCKY card too. You can see how the work Lucky looks when you cut it out instead of stamping it.

I love my pot of gold but it was a lot of work. I was going to make two but after this one I decided not to. I found a coloring page of a rainbow and converted it to a SVG file and then cut out each color individually with my cricut. I used black as a shadow background and glittered and glued each color of the rainbow to the black. I had a hard time not getting glitter all over and then it didn't want to stay attached to the stripes so I had to go buy spay acrylic to secure them. The pot is another picture I found and then I played with it until I got the back in gray with the front in black to give a shadow effect. I used store bought St. Patrick Day gems as decorations and used yellow glitter for the gold coins.

You probably won't read this until in the morning since I'm working on it late at night so I will say (in my best Irish brogue) "Top of the mornin' to ya."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting Lorby's World today and leaving a comment.